What we do
EMConsulting can help to prevent or eliminate electrical noise and interference in your electronic, electrical, and electromechanical equipment and systems. Military, Aerospace, Industrial, or Telecom – EMConsulting solves your interference problems.
Whether you call it interference, noise, Radio Frequency Interference (RFI), Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC), Electromagnetic Interference (EMI), Electromagnetic Environmental Effects (EEE, E3, or E3), solving interference problems is not “black magic.” EMConsulting can provide effective engineering solutions to prevent or eliminate electrical interference problems in your products.
Some of the services include:
- Design review of circuit boards (schematic, placement, and routing), enclosures, cables, etc. for E3 factors
- Diagnostics, troubleshooting, and problem remediation during testing at your facility, your customer’s site, or at your selected test lab
- Identify RF noise problems by near field probing of equipment and systems using our test equipment at your site
- Write or review control plans and procedures
- requirements generation and review
- design guidance from concept to in-service operation
Contact us with your questions or requirements for other services and
see our projects page for examples of services we have provided
How we do it
EMConsulting believes that the most effective way to avoid problems and meet product EMC requirements is by providing to clients guidance and review during the definition, design, and development phases of projects thereby reducing cost, schedule, and technical risk.
Sounds like a great approach, doesn’t it? But realizing that up front EMC design support is sometimes unavailable or impractical, EMConsulting also provides diagnostic, troubleshooting, and EMC problem remediation during qualification testing or certification of client products.
Time and again we find that simple, inexpensive (nearly free) changes in the design up front would have prevented difficult , expensive fixes to the product already built.